1. Products covered by our warranty
WOWBii 100 HD Camera
WOWBii 500 HD PTZ Camera
WOWBii 900 HD PTZ Camera
All WOWBii models come with a 2-year parts only warranty valid from the date of purchase.
Type of warranty cover
Warranty cover will be in the form of technical support via wowbii.com between the hours of 9am and 5pm GMT, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. Technical training will be provided to our partner or your authorized repair agent as required. Technical bulletins and training manuals are also available via wowbii.com.
The Warranty does not apply to damage for which WOWBii cannot bear responsibility and which include but are not limited to the following:
- Improper use, mechanical damage (e.g scratches, pressure or break points), incorrect storage or cleaning and maintenance nor does it cover the costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the product to meet any local technical or safety standards.
- Connection or use of the product for a purpose other than that for which it is intended and non-observation of WOWBii’s operating and installation instructions or the valid technical and safety-relevant provisions or standards of the country in which the product is used.
- Non-observation of WOWBii’s care and maintenance instructions.
- The permanent – also partial – display of fixed imaged (typical display damage being so-called burn-in effects such as image retention and image sticking).
- Operating conditions which exceed normal office or private use (e.g operation in smoky or dusty atmospheres or at extraordinary room temperatures and under UV/IR radiation). Separate operating conditions are specified by WOWBii for certain products if necessary;
- Natural Disaster, fire, flooding, chemical or biological exposure, acts of war, acts of violence or similar events.
- Defects caused by a non-WOWBii product being connected or used in conjunction with the Product.
- The modification of the product by persons not authorized by WOWBii.
- Accessory parts such as boxes, packaging, batteries or other consumables which are used in conjunction with the product and have to be replaced as expected are not covered by the warranty.
- Pixel failure errors are unavoidable in LED Technology, they only constitute a fault under the terms of this warranty if they deviate from the product specification.
- Products whose serial numbers have been modified, removed or made illegible are excluded from the warranty.
Warranty claims are dealt with by the WOWBii Service Department. Please contact wowbii.com for further information. You will be asked to provide a few basic details such as the serial number of the screen and a brief description of the fault. You may also wish to provide images and or a movie to support your case. Once your support request has been received, it will be processed swiftly and you will receive by return a ticket number relative to your fault. Please note that this ticket number must be used/quoted in relation to all correspondence connected to your service requirement.
3. Accidental damage
We are unable to warranty accidental damage as this is outside of the manufacturer control. Third party insurance should be taken out to cover this eventuality. The WOWBii range of screens have been designed to be used in harsh environments with sturdy steel frame and toughened safety glass. The product has been designed with fan-less cooling technology to reduce dust and dirt ingress.
4. Service training
WOWBii requires that all partners undergo our service training. Typically the course takes one day and is ideally done at our Lagos head office, as we have the equipment here necessary to enable fault creation, which is part of the training course. It is possible to conduct the training at the user’s location, at which point one of WOWBii’s service engineers will attend. This needs to be discussed on a case by case basis.
5. Spare parts policy covering Africa
Our engineers will identify the faulty component against the serial number of the screen, we will then assign from our stock holding the appropriate part. Faulty parts do not need to be returned to WOWBii and can be disposed of under regulations appropriate to the country concerned. Spare parts can be consigned with the customers’ next order, if appropriate, or depending on the speed required via air freight or via our standard delivery service.
Please note that panel faults that are diagnosed will be handled separately and will be dispatched via air freight once we have established that the panel is faulty from the information that is provided.
6A. DOA (Dead-On-Arrival) Panel Faults for customers within West Africa
If you are situated within West Africa, WOWBii will allow 60 days from the date of our invoice to you to cover all panel failures.
Any WOWBii screen that is deemed and verified to have suffered an actual and agreed panel failure* within the 60 day DOA period (as above) will be replaced and delivered to you free of charge. We will also arrange to have the faulty screen collected at no charge to you.
*Please note that we will require photographic evidence along with a serial number in most cases before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual panel failure and issue a replacement WOWBii screen free of charge.
6B. DOA (Dead-On-Arrival) Panel Faults for customers outside West Africa
If you are situated outside of West Africa, we ask that you take full responsibility for the replacement of any faulty panel, irrespective of the 60 day DOA ruling in point 6A above.
Once a panel fault has been correctly identified* we will issue a replacement panel to you free of charge and will require your engineering team to re fit the new panel and make good the screen in question.
*Please note that we will require photographic evidence along with a serial number in most cases before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual panel failure and issue a replacement panel free of charge.WOWBii International Warranty Terms and Conditions November 2017.
6C. Panel Faults for customers outside the DOA 60 day period
If a WOWBii screen suffers an actual and agreed panel failure outside of the agreed 60 day DOA period, we ask that you take full responsibility for the replacement of any faulty panel. Once a panel fault has been correctly identified* we will issue a replacement panel to you free of charge and will require your engineering team to re fit the new glass and make good the screen in question.
*Please note that we will require photographic evidence along with a serial number in most cases before we can correctly and successfully diagnose an actual panel failure and issue a replacement panel free of charge.
7. Partners Obligation
It is important that all partners build into their landed costs a figure in order to support the product during its warranty period. For example this could be on a case by case basis to cover the costs of repair either on or off site or via a 3rd party service company who charge a fixed fee. A recommendation is to set aside sufficient panels in order to support customers in the field. Warranties that you offer to your customers are at your discretion and will vary from country to country.